SAUSAGE & PEPPER FRITTATA
8 Large Eggs, beaten and season with Salt & Pepper
4 links Italian Sweet Sausage
2 Red Bell Peppers, cleaned and cut in 1 inch strips
2 medium Onions, sliced in 1” slices
2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced thin
1 bunch Italian Parsley, washed and chopped rough
half cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Grana
- Place sausage in a small pot and cook in low simmering water for 10 minutes.
- Remove sausages from water and cut in to 1” pieces.
- Sauté sausages in a 10” non-stick pan with Olive Oil for about 6 minutes at medium heat until all surfaces of the sausage is nicely browned.
- Remove sausage and keep on the side. Put the Bell Peppers in the same pan. Sauté over low heat for 10 minutes. Add onions and sauté for 8 minutes.
- Add Sausages back to pan and continue cooking on low heat for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with salt and pepper. Add grated cheese and most of the chopped parsley, reserving some of the parsley to sprinkle over the finished Frittata.
- Turn the heat up high and cook for 1 minute. Add the eggs and cook while constantly mixing the eggs with other ingredients.
- When most of the eggs have cooked but there is still some uncooked eggs on top, take the pan off the heat. Let cool a few minutes. Take a plate that’s larger than the diameter of the pan you’re cooking in. Place the plate over the pan, then flip over so the uncooked part of the Eggs is on top of the plate.
- Add olive oil to pan and turn heat up high for 1 minute. Slide the frittata back in to the pan with the raw egg side of the frittata going in to the hot pan. Turn heat down to low and cook for about 2-3 minutes until the eggs are completely cooked through. Cut into wedges and serve hot, or put into a picnic basket or your lunch box and enjoy whenever.