From Our Favorite
GREENWICH VILLAGE ITALIAN AUTHOR
Daniel Bellino Z
WHEN ITALIAN-AMERICANS COOK
Daniel Bellino Zwicke
TOP 100 ITALIAN COOKBOOKS
“DO YOU HAVE YOUR COPY” ???
OUR FAVORITE ITALIAN COOKBOOK AUTHOR
DANIEL BELLINO ZWICKE
all’ ANTICO VINAIO
GREENWICH VILLAGE, NEW YORK
The famed Florentine Sandwich Shop has touched down in Greenwich Village, New York.
all’ Antico Vinaio is a famous Panini Shop from Florence, Italy, that is uber famous with Tourists and Instagramers. They are famous for their square stuffed sandwiches on Focaccia Bread. Sandiches are filled with Mortadella, Salami, Prosciutto, Mozzarella and other Italian Sandwich ingredients.
The new sandwich shop at 225 Sullivan Street in New York’s Greenwich Village opend the other day, and is already doing brisk business. There are not super long lines “yet” though suspect there will be soon, once the masses of New Yorkers and tourist discover that there is an Antico Vinaio panani shop on Sullivan Street.
Famed New York restaurantuer Joe Bastianich has partnered up with the people at Antico Vinaio to open New York’s second all’ Antico Vinaaio Italian sandwich shop.
all’ Antico Vinaio is an Instagram Sensation in Florence, Italy, and is proven to be so on the other side of the pond in America, with locations in Los Angelos, California, and the two shops in New York, and we are sure with Joe Bastianich involved, one day there might be 100 or more locations all over America.
Panini on Sullivan Street
Antico Vinaio Italian Sandwiches
New York NY
Learn How to Make an ITALIAN SUBNARINE SANDWICH
ITALIAN SOUPS – PASTA – PANINI
MEATBALLS & MORE …
NEED a HOTEL in NEW YORK
ITALY – ASIA – WORLDWIDE
POSITANO The AMALFI COAST
TRAVEL GUIDE – COOKBOOK
Lemon Ricotta Almond Torta
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened (113 grams)
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup full-fat ricotta
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Zest from 1 organic lemon
- 3 eggs, room temperature, separated
- 3 tablespoons limoncello
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter a 9-inch springform pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until incorporated. Mix in the ricotta, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add the egg yolks, one at a time, continuing to beat until very light and creamy. Add in the limoncello, almond flour and baking powder and beat to combine.
- In a separate clean chilled bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the cake mixture. (Don’t worry if white streaks remain – they will disappear once in the oven.)
- Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan. Smooth the top with a spatula or spoon. Sprinkle with the sliced almonds. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until firm yet slightly springy to the touch.
- Allow to cool completely. (It will fall slightly.) Dust with the powdered sugar and serve!
RECIPES From My SICILIAN NONNA